Bizkaia will become, once again, the perfect scientific setting thanks to the festival to popularize science created for people of all ages that will be held from September 13th to September 29th mainly at the Euskalduna Conference Centre and the Bizkaia Aretoa (UPV/EHU), in Bilbao. The event will also extend to other cities of this historical territory.
During its second edition, the Bizkaia Zientzia Plaza will host a total of seven events over a 15-day period and will address different aspects of science. The events will have different registers and formats, such as conferences, shows and workshops. These events include the celebration of the eighth edition of Naukas Bilbao or Jakinduriek mundue erreko dau (Knowledge will burn the world) (Bertsozientzia), an original combination of bertsolarismo (improvised traditional Basque singing) and science, performing at Ondarroa, Durango and Igorre. This year, for the first time, it also includes Diálogos en la Frontera, where science and arts converge.
It is the ideal setting to hear first hand from the best science communicators, learn about the work that is being carried out at research centres and enjoy science from a new and fun point of view.
The event, which is organised by the Chair of Scientific Culture (UPV/EHU), the Bizkaia Provincial Council, Euskampus Fundazioa and Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) is the first of its class in the country and will be broadcast live on the EiTB website. Entrance to the conferences and activities is completely free.
List of events:
- Ciencia Show (September 13th, Euskalduna Conference Centre): Scientific monologue contest, with the participation of secondary school students.
- Naukas Pro (September 13th, Euskalduna Conference Centre): The science will come out of the research centres and meet the public to share the work of the researchers.
- Naukas Bilbao (September 14th-15th, Euskalduna Conference Centre): Great scientific dissemination show, during which over 60 speakers will share with the public their passion for an immense range of scientific disciplines in a daring and fun way.
- Naukas Kids (September 16th, Euskalduna Conference Centre): Focused on children and teens, Naukas Kids will showcase the most fun and friendly science through workshops, presentations and shows.
- Scenio (September 16th, Bizkaia Aretoa – UPV/EHU): The most creative science: shows, exhibitions, workshops, demonstrations of scientific and educational video games, etc., alongside youtubers, graphic designers and scientific educators.
- Diálogos en la Frontera (September 26th, Bidebarrieta Library): A converstaion between scientists and artists.
- Jakinduriek mundue erreko dau (Knowledge will burn the world). Bertsozientzia (September 20th, 21st and 29th; Ondarroa, Durango and Igorre): Bertsolaris (traditional Basque singers) and researchers will share the stage to find the perfect rhyme under the direction of Kike Amonarriz.
For further information on Bizkaia Zientzia Plaza and the events, please visit the website: bzp.eus.