Bizkaia will become the perfect scientific setting thanks to the scientific dissemination festival created for people of all ages that will be held from 14 to 24 September at the Euskalduna Conference Centre and the Bizkaia Aretoa (UPV/EHU), in Bilbao. The event will also extend to other cities of this historical territory.
During its first edition, the Bizkaia Zientzia Plaza will host a total of seven events over a 10-day period, which will address different aspects of scientific life. The events will have different registers and formats, such as conferences, shows and workshops. These events include the celebration of the seventh edition of Naukas Bilbao, that will extend its programme the same year it moves into the main auditorium of the Euskalduna Conference Centre; the Science+ congress focuses on young researchers, where they will address the professional alternatives available in the field of science; and the Jakinduriek mundue erreko dau (Knowledge will burn the world) (Bertsozientzia) initiative, an original combination of bertsolarismo (improvised traditional Basque singing) and science, performing at the capital city of Bizkaia as well as in Ondarroa, Igorre and Getxo.
It is the ideal setting to hear first hand from the best science communicators, learn about the work that is being carried out at the research centres and enjoy science from a new and fun point of view.
The event, which is organised by the Chair of Scientific Culture (UPV/EHU), the Bizkaia Provincial Council, Euskampus Fundazioa and Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) is the first of its class in the country and will be broadcast live on the EiTB website. Entrance to the conferences and activities is completely free; however it is necessary to register beforehand for the kids’ workshops (Naukas Kids).
List of events:
- Ciencia Show (14 September at the Euskalduna Conference Centre): Scientific monologue contest, with the participation of secondary school students.
- Naukas Pro (14 September at the Euskalduna Conference Centre): Session in which science will come out of the research centres to meet the general public to share the work of the researchers.
- Naukas Bilbao (15-16 September at the Euskalduna Conference Centre): Great scientific dissemination show, during which over 60 speakers will share with the public their passion for an immense range of scientific disciplines in a daring and fun way.
- Naukas Kids (17 September at the Euskalduna Conference Centre): Focused on children and teens, Naukas Kids will showcase the most fun and friendly science through workshops, presentations and shows.
- Scenio (17 September at the Bizkaia Aretoa – UPV/EHU): The most creative science: shows, exhibitions, workshops, demonstrations of scientific and educational video games, etc., alongside youtubers, graphic designers and scientific educators.
- Science+ (18-20 September at the Bizkaia Aretoa – UPV/EHU): Congress for young scientists and researchers, which will address the professional alternatives available in the field of science.
- Jakinduriek mundue erreko dau (Knowledge will burn the world). Bertsozientzia (21-24 September at Ondarroa, Getxo, Igorre and Bilbao): At this show, bertsolaris (traditional Basque singers) and researchers will share the stage to find the perfect rhyme under the direction of Kike Amonarriz.
For further information on Bizkaia Zientzia Plaza and the events, please visit the website: bzp.eus.